Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default how do you install a door in a sheetrock wall with no studs?

Smitty Two wrote in
news
In article ,
Red Green wrote:

" wrote in

:

first let me say that my apartment was built by polish carpenters,
who have a strange appraoch to building. we have a doorway leading
to the master bedroom we need to add a door to. the doorway is
studless, and is simply cut out of the sheetrock, there might be a
few metal studs somewhere in the wall, but no where close to the
door. how do i install this door? do i just build a frame inside
the opening and attach it to the sheetrock somehow?

No comment. I'm half Polish.

Is that why you couldn't figure out that the post was a troll, Red?

You imply ALL Polish carpenters "have a strange appraoch to
building". Correction: not imply, you actually stated it. This
generalizaation is as stupid as all people that use gmail.com are
assholes when, in fact, it is known that only gmail.com users with a
stupid ****ing pansy-ass ID like storybookmurals are assholes.

Being in an apartment, it is not yours. Assume the owner has blessed
your task.

Well Smitty what do you expect? It's a country where all shoes have TGIF
stamped in them. That way we know Toes Go In First.