Leon

Default Salary-VS-Hourly $ 15.00 hr (50 hrs+) Salary with bonus??? hard decision

"Kevin Wade" wrote in message

Snip

1. Owner of company seems to promote a mixed message....
a. will ask "How are you doing" without stopping as he walks
by without stopping, but looks you in the eye.

He is in over his head with problems.

b. will not allow paychecks to be handed out until 5:31 on Payday
even though payroll is for the 2dn and 3rd week back.

Unfortunately this is necessary in many shops as almost always at least one
employee will take off immediately to cash that check.

c. workday is 7:00 am till 5:30 6 days with hour for lunch but
whimsical overtime is mandatory (whimsical being no notice).

That good part about the over time when you are an hourly worker is that you
should be paid overtime. If you go as a saleried employee, the over time
pay will disappear.

2. All of the salary workers (3) are appearantly unsatasfied because
they are paid less that many of the 'workers' because they are not
paid for overtime and have few if any benifits and are in fear of
losing thier positions at anytime because the boss is fickle and
irresponsible in his dealings with customers and vendors.

That can happen, I once worked for a LARGE automobile dealer ship and I had
a mechanic that made more money than the owner. The mechanic was of course
paid by the hour. The flip side of that coin is that you get the same pay
day in and day out even during the slow times if you are a salaried
employee.

3. Currently the business does not seem to know if it is a door
manufacturing facility or a cabinet factory.

From all the information above, you have painted a picture of a business
that is not long for this world. I would star puttin gfeelers out for
another job. I think you see the writing on the wall.