Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default how do you install a door in a sheetrock wall with no studs?

" wrote in
:

first let me say that my apartment was built by polish carpenters, who
have a strange appraoch to building. we have a doorway leading to the
master bedroom we need to add a door to. the doorway is studless, and
is simply cut out of the sheetrock, there might be a few metal studs
somewhere in the wall, but no where close to the door. how do i
install this door? do i just build a frame inside the opening and
attach it to the sheetrock somehow?

No comment. I'm half Polish.

You imply ALL Polish carpenters "have a strange appraoch to building".
Correction: not imply, you actually stated it. This generalizaation is as
stupid as all people that use gmail.com are assholes when, in fact, it is
known that only gmail.com users with a stupid ****ing pansy-ass ID like
storybookmurals are assholes.

Being in an apartment, it is not yours. Assume the owner has blessed your
task.