Digger

Default HF Catalog vs Store Pricing

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:11:23 -0400, "Ben"
pixelated:

Can someone tell me why a item sold by Harbor Freight can have several
different prices? One in the catalog, and one in the store, and

sometimes
one on the web? What the hell. I know the obvious answer. But is there
any other reason I'm missing? And do the stores honor the catalog

pricing?

They're called "sales", sir. They try different prices to see which
bring in the crowds, cycling them every few months. If you ever see
something on sale there for half price and miss the sale, wait a few
months and it'll be offered again.

If you take the printouts of the website pages (with date/price/stock
number) they'll honor them. If you take print catalogs in they'll
honor them. They won't honor anything not in print, period, at least
from my experience.

When in doubt, ask them for a product with a -4VGA suffix, their best
sale price.

-4VGA is not always the best price. If you play with the numbers, you will
find more often than not that -3vga for larger items and sometimes -5vga for
smaleer items that go on sale often, will give lower prices. It pays to
take a couple of minutes to hit all the numbers between 0 and 7 (the highest
discount number I have found). Many times they skip numbers in the middle.

As far as the mgr who grumbled at giving you the good price, saying they
don't have to honor it, just tell him that you don't have to honor him with
his business. He's there for you, not the other wy around! It's amazing
how many of them need to be reminded. I start each day asking myself how I
can earn the right to do business with my customers and I never have the
problems of not taking care of my customers.

Digger