Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default how do you install a door in a sheetrock wall with no studs?

wrote:
first let me say that my apartment was built by polish carpenters, who
have a strange appraoch to building. we have a doorway leading to the
master bedroom we need to add a door to. the doorway is studless, and
is simply cut out of the sheetrock, there might be a few metal studs
somewhere in the wall, but no where close to the door. how do i
install this door? do i just build a frame inside the opening and
attach it to the sheetrock somehow?

Think pocket door.

Or strings of those beady things you find in Moroccan bordellos.