Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy[_3_] Michael Kennedy[_3_] is offline

Default LOUD POP coming from one of my AV components

"V" wrote in message
On Mar 18, 6:35 am, "att" wrote:
"V" wrote in message

Hello,

I need some help determining where a LOUD POP noise is coming from.
While listening to some music last night I heard a LOUD POP coming
from one of my AV components. (To intermittent to trace) The POP was
so loud that it startled me so I turned everything off only to hear it
again about 3:00am while sleeping. (Even while they were powered
off!!) Does anyone have any idea what the heck is causing this?

PS: Everything appears to be still working...

Thanks,

Take all the components out of the rack and look at the power cords and
outlets, you should find some smoke tracks.
It sounds like a dried out power cord has an intermittent short.

Thanks
I found out that there is a known issue with the Direct TV HD21
receiver and the Sharp Auqos when connected with an HDMI cable

Sounds a bit strange to me.. The fact that its powered off and popping would
be bothering me.