Posted to sci.electronics.repair
V V is offline

Default LOUD POP coming from one of my AV components

Hello,

I need some help determining where a LOUD POP noise is coming from.
While listening to some music last night I heard a LOUD POP coming
from one of my AV components. (To intermittent to trace) The POP was
so loud that it startled me so I turned everything off only to hear it
again about 3:00am while sleeping. (Even while they were powered
off!!) Does anyone have any idea what the heck is causing this?

PS: Everything appears to be still working...

Thanks,
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
att att is offline

"V" wrote in message
Hello,

I need some help determining where a LOUD POP noise is coming from.
While listening to some music last night I heard a LOUD POP coming
from one of my AV components. (To intermittent to trace) The POP was
so loud that it startled me so I turned everything off only to hear it
again about 3:00am while sleeping. (Even while they were powered
off!!) Does anyone have any idea what the heck is causing this?

PS: Everything appears to be still working...

Thanks,

Take all the components out of the rack and look at the power cords and
outlets, you should find some smoke tracks.
It sounds like a dried out power cord has an intermittent short.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Have you considered playing jazz or classical?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
V V is offline

On Mar 18, 6:28*pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
Have you considered playing jazz or classical?

GOOD ONE!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
V V is offline

On Mar 18, 6:35*am, "att" wrote:
"V" wrote in message

Hello,

I need some help determining where a LOUD POP noise is coming from.
While listening to some music last night I heard a LOUD POP coming
from one of my AV components. (To intermittent to trace) *The POP was
so loud that it startled me so I turned everything off only to hear it
again about 3:00am while sleeping. (Even while they were powered
off!!) *Does anyone have any idea what the heck is causing this?

PS: Everything appears to be still working...

Thanks,

Take all the components out of the rack and look at the power cords and
outlets, you should find some smoke tracks.
It sounds like a dried out power cord has an intermittent short.

Thanks
I found out that there is a known issue with the Direct TV HD21
receiver and the Sharp Auqos when connected with an HDMI cable.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 05:12:15 -0700 (PDT), V
wrote:

On Mar 18, 6:35*am, "att" wrote:
"V" wrote in message

Hello,

I need some help determining where a LOUD POP noise is coming from.
While listening to some music last night I heard a LOUD POP coming
from one of my AV components. (To intermittent to trace) *The POP was
so loud that it startled me so I turned everything off only to hear it
again about 3:00am while sleeping. (Even while they were powered
off!!) *Does anyone have any idea what the heck is causing this?

PS: Everything appears to be still working...

Thanks,

Take all the components out of the rack and look at the power cords and
outlets, you should find some smoke tracks.
It sounds like a dried out power cord has an intermittent short.

Thanks
I found out that there is a known issue with the Direct TV HD21
receiver and the Sharp Auqos when connected with an HDMI cable.

Even when they are powered off?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"V" wrote in message
On Mar 18, 6:35 am, "att" wrote:
"V" wrote in message

Hello,

I need some help determining where a LOUD POP noise is coming from.
While listening to some music last night I heard a LOUD POP coming
from one of my AV components. (To intermittent to trace) The POP was
so loud that it startled me so I turned everything off only to hear it
again about 3:00am while sleeping. (Even while they were powered
off!!) Does anyone have any idea what the heck is causing this?

PS: Everything appears to be still working...

Thanks,

Take all the components out of the rack and look at the power cords and
outlets, you should find some smoke tracks.
It sounds like a dried out power cord has an intermittent short.

Thanks
I found out that there is a known issue with the Direct TV HD21
receiver and the Sharp Auqos when connected with an HDMI cable

Sounds a bit strange to me.. The fact that its powered off and popping would
be bothering me.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message

"V" wrote in message
On Mar 18, 6:35 am, "att" wrote:
"V" wrote in message

[...]

Remember that any piece of equipment that uses a remote is not entirely off
when you turn it off. There is always some circuitry that is still on so
that the remote can turn the rest of the box on to full power.

I don't have a clue as to if this has any relation to the OP's query.

Charlie