Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default DeWalt 733 planer *thunk*

" wrote in message
Good tip; I'm a cyclist also, and have a chain breaker. Unfortunately
this chain appears to be a little larger than what my chain tool
accepts and I ended up tearing up the chain breaker in my haste to try
and get the planer back up & running. It was not a good Park Tool
quality breaker mind you but a knock-off chiwainese one that I've only
used one other time. As always, buy the best and cry once.

I'd like to do a coast to coast also, if I could just get this pesky
think called employment out of the way!

I thought the chain size was about the same as used on the coaster brake/3
speed bikes... could be faulty memory on my part as I sold my 733 about 4-5
years ago after getting a Jet planer/molder on an enclosed base so the image
isn't fresh in my head.

Re employment, for my first trip I resigned and took off. This time I can
cobble together a couple of months of paid time off--which my family
appreciates. ;~)

Well, I'm off to the shop to get the dust and finish levels up so the trip
continues to sound like a good idea.... ;~)

John