Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Power for the shop

On Mar 17, 11:49*pm, krw wrote:
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 23:38:13 -0400, Mike Marlow

wrote:
On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 18:05:04 -0500, krw cast forth these pearls of
wisdom...:

Most will do a better job than a licensed electrician. *The electrical
inspector I had when I built my garage told me that homeowners did a
much better job than the average electrician, primarily because it is
theirs, they have more time, and tend to overbuild to compensate for
any lack of knowledge.

Holy cow - I can't believe I read that. *"Most will do a better job than a
licensed electrician"... *sorry, but that is just pure bull.

No it really isn't. *Residential electrical work is quite simple.
"Professionals" often do stupid things to cut corners. *My previous
house was a perfect example.

Over building
has nothing to do with doing it the right way. *Overbuilders think more is
better when they have no clue what is required in the first place.

It certainly does have a *lot* to do with it. Skimping on materials
("forgetting" boxes, etc.) isn't good. *Using the best materials
because the difference isn't significant does matter. *All many
"professionals" care about is cost and time.

Yup. The seasoned smart ones can indeed cut corners in clever fashion.
Those guys are dangerous and plentiful.