Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor Pete Keillor is offline

Default Large taps

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 22:49:24 -0500, Ignoramus4181

On 2009-03-18, Christopher Tidy wrote:
Ignoramus4181 wrote:
For pictures of a large 4 inch diameter, 4 TPI tap that I sold a long
time ago, see

http://yabe.algebra.com/~ichudov/mis.../ebayhist.html

I'd like to see the tap wrench that goes with it.

This being a coarse thread, I would think that the wrench would be
operated by 2 people and should be 2 meters long.

I thought it looked fine for 12". The immediate thought I had was why
use a tap? The next one was probably it's used for field repair. What
a bear to handle. Whatever you're working on would have to be
vertical. I can't imagine trying to use that thing horizontally.

Pete Keillor