Dennis Slabaugh, Hobbyist Woodworker

Default Jointer Safety Help

Mark, while my post does not offer you a specific technique, I thought it
would be appropriate to direct you to my recently posted paper on safety. As
a Hobbyist Woodworker and a full time Risk Management Consultant for the
past 15 years, the words I share with you are directed toward an attitude
and mindset toward safety rather than a specific technique.

Good luck with the new tools, and when the hair on the back of your neck
stands up like a frightened cat, STOP! Step back and think about your next
move very carefully. http://www.woodworkinghobby.com/html/safety.html

--
Dennis Slabaugh, Hobbyist Woodworker
www.woodworkinghhobby.com

"Mark Jerde" wrote in message
I flexed my credit card & bought a 6" jointer, 14" bandsaw, 16.5" drill
press, 650 CFM dust collector & 12.5" planer from a guy getting out of
woodworking. (All Jet except the Delta planer.) IMO the "Jet blue"

clashes
violently with the "Grizzly green" of my table saw & sander but I suppose
I'll get used to it. ;-)

I've made a few test cuts with the jointer & it scares me. IDAGS on
"jointer safety" but so far all the hits are pretty generic. "Don't cut

too
deep, no nails or loose knots, no hands over the cutter unless you're

using
push blocks, ..." Are there some good sites for learning to use the

jointer
and still be able to do10-finger typing for the rest of my life?

Thanks.

-- Mark