Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default Power for the shop

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 07:55:11 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
.. .
"Douglas Johnson" wrote in message

I will say this. First, thanks; I learned something. Second... I can't
help but point at AIG and say, yeah, against all logic and morals, I would
take the bailout, too, to mend something I did of my own
stupidity/hubris/ignorance/imprudence/clumsiness.

Take heart that the comparison is not really a fair one. Most home owners
doing their own wiring are not knowing throwing caution to the wind.

Most will do a better job than a licensed electrician. The electrical
inspector I had when I built my garage told me that homeowners did a
much better job than the average electrician, primarily because it is
theirs, they have more time, and tend to overbuild to compensate for
any lack of knowledge.

Now if you knew that what you were doing was going to cause problems, that
would be a different matter.

Right, it would have to be intentional (i.e. arson) for a claim to be
denied.