Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Axminster instructions

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 06:02:02 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

A quick tip for hand-grinding is to use a magnifying headset to bring
the work a bit closer to our old eyes. I happily keep one of these in
the bathroom for splinters and one in the shop for close work.
An $8 investment (when bought on sale.)

The two I have, cost me ~$30 each some 30+ years ago. My shop safety
glasses are the same as I wear for the computer - upside down
bi-focals with a small mid distance (24") lens top centre in reading
glasses (12"). With the "opti-visor" in place, I end up working at
about 3".
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada