Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Copper Pipe Question

You might have to call the public services department in
your town, and get 3/4 inch water instead.

More seriously, it will make little difference, except....
if there is a long run of pipe, or lots of elbows and shut
offs, the 3/4 has lower resistance to flow. And it will take
longer for the hot water to arrive.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bert Byfield" wrote in message
. 97.131...
I've got a basement full of old half-inch copper pipe, and
some of it
needs to be replaced. I want to do repairs in 3/4" pipe but
I'm
wondering if that will cause problems with the water
changing pipe
sizes on its way to an outlet. Can I do this?