Posted to rec.woodworking
Douglas Johnson[_2_] Douglas Johnson[_2_] is offline

Default Power for the shop

"MikeWhy" wrote:

Or, in the event of a claim, the insurance

company might find that the non-compliant condition was causative.

This myth persists. I've been over my Texas Homeowners policy and can find
nothing in it that would let the insurance company deny such a claim, except a
finding that I modified the wiring to deliberately burn the house down. Stupid
doesn't count.

I've talked to two claims adjusters on the subject. Neither one hesitated
before saying "They'd pay".

If someone has better information, I'd love to hear it.

-- Doug