Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Soaking in dishwashing soap/water

I don't soak Norfolk Island Pine bowls in liquid dishwashing detergent,
but I do 'paint' green NIP turning blanks liberally with the cheapest
LDD in 1:2 solution. The blanks almost never crack and neither do the
objects I turn from them. Maybe they wouldn't have cracked anyway, but
I believe there is something special about NIP and LDD. I think Ron
Kent's work was with NIP.

If my ignorance works for me, I may as well enjoy it. But I'll try not
to bore y'all again with my same ole same ole NIP/LDD refrain. Well
maybe just a litte less often.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter