Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Soaking in dishwashing soap/water

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 07:43:43 -0400, "Ted" wrote:

I have read on several web sites about soaking fresh cut wood in a 50/50 mixture of dishwashing soap and water to help with turning. None of the sites mention how long to soak the wood?

Does anyone here do this and if so, how long do you soak the wood? I understand that it will depend on the size/thickness and the type of wood as well as how dry it is.

Thanks.

For the real deal on LDD, Google Ron Kent..
His work is just stunning, and he has (or at least had, a few years ago) quite a
bit of info on the process..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing