Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Axminster instructions

Don Young wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
.. .
Bob Gentry wrote:
On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 16:02:40 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

I have an Axminster drill grinding attachment that was in a box of
stuff from my father's tools .Unfortunately , I don't have the
instructions ... I can probably puzzle out how to use it , but
would prefer to find a copy of the instructions - so far the only
thing I know for sure is that it is supposed to work on the side of
the grinding wheel . If anyone has a set of the instructions , I
would really appreciate a copy . I did already google for the info
, and came up dry .

Good Afternoon

Try the following Axminster download URL

http://www.axminster.co.uk/sessionID...ds-manuals.htm

Hope this helps you find what your are looking for

Regards, Bob
rgentry at oz dot net

Thanks for the link , Bob . I was unable to find a manual there ,
but not to worry , several others make units that are virtually
identical , and I have downloaded and printed one fro General -
their #825 is a dead ringer . And for all I know , this is one is
another brand - Axminster was just the first hit on a Google Images
search . --
Snag
every answer
leads to another
question

Note that this grinder requires rather precise adjustment of the
distance from the wheel to achieve proper clearance angles along with
feeding. There are some examples on the web showing the grinder on an
adjustable slide mount. You probably will not get a good drill the
first time but it is possible once you get it sorted out.

Don Young

Thanks Don , I kinda got that impression from the instructions . I'm
probably going to build a dedicated grinder set-up for it , and since it
seems to be missing part of the base , I'll probably get to do a bit of
aluminum casting . More fun !!
I have a "spare" 3450 RPM motor that will make an excellent grinder with a
cup wheel , which would seem to be the best choice for this project . Gotta
beat my hand-sharpening technique ...
--
Snag
every answer