Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Copper Pipe Question

Sounds like a good idea, to replace the white edged joints.
Use solder made for drinking water.

As to the pinhole. If it's what I think the patch thing
(rubber and a clamp) will also separate the pipe from the
girder, so it doesn't continue to wear.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bert Byfield" wrote in message
. 97.131...

There is white crud coming out of some of the copper joints.
What is
that? I expected green corosion instead. Should I replace
all those
joints?

But my primary leak right now is where a water pipe has been
touching
the conduit for the main house power for fifty years or so,
and the
contact has caused a pinhole leak, of 5 or 6 gallons a day.
I'm
looking at inserting a "universal pipe repair clamp" between
the pipe
and the conduit, before I think about replacing sections of
pipe.