Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remove cast iron tub intact?

On 3/15/2009 10:28 AM spake thus:

Answer is 'it depends'. I think you are on the right track. Sometimes
the best thing to do is stand the tub on end, and walk it out of the
room like a refrigerator, or use a refrig dolly to move it from the face
side.

That is exactly what I did. It was extremely heavy and hard to
maneuver but I eventually got it out. And once I loaded it into the
back of the Ranger pickup it almost brought the front tires off the
ground.

Like the punch line to the old joke goes, I used to have a truck like
that too.

A local place that sells old plumbing fixtures and such (the Sink
Factory in Berkeley, fantastic place) has a tub one of my clients might
want. I asked how much it was and the owner told me "a buck a
pound--$350" (this was for a 5'6" tub).

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)