Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default conical tip on soldering iron

msg wrote in message
ernet...
N_Cook wrote:

snip
I rarely need to use very fine solder, and when I do, I flatten some 1

mm
solder in a "set of rolls" and then slice the flattened solder with a

razor
blade for an odd inch or so of 1/3mm or so solder.

What is a "set of rolls" (denizen of the U.S. FWIW)? I need to find a sort
of small mangle (compressed hardened rollers) to "de-husk" raw oats a

little
at a time. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

No cereals, pulses or dried beans , so tried some dried cloves which is
probably more of a test. 5 crushed cloves and 5 whole for comparison.
Required stepped repeated crushing , at setting 9,6,3 and then 1 but oats
would probably go through in one.

http://home.graffiti.net/diverse:gra...net/cloves.jpg

Over engineered for damp pasta.

--