Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Power for the shop

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
That's not quite how it works. Where there are laws governing such
things, the buyer will have the house inspected to be sure it meets code.
It might escape notice; it might not. Or, in the event of a claim, the
insurance company might find that the non-compliant condition was
causative.

What buyer? Do you have people inspecting your house all the time in case
they want to buy? Seems to me, if you are going to sell you'd probably
start dismantling the shop anyway and can remove wiring easily.

As for the insurance claim, something has to go wrong first. Then it has
to be related.

From what I understand, if the wiring was the cause and you personally did
the wiring the insurance co. still has to pay up. This would not be the
case however if they found that you intentionally make the wiring
modification to burn your house down.

Similar to car insurance, if you run a red light cause a wreck and get
ticketed they still repair your car.

IIRC that is how my agent explained it to me when I told him that I added an
outlet during a reevaluation of my coverage. They are only concerned about
major wiring changes to the breaker box. They want to insure that there are
no unprotected circuits.