Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Power for the shop

"Nova" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

Ok or not according to code, I did. I tapped into the dryer circuit at
the outlet and added a 220 outlet about 18" over. I can run my cabinet
saw, stationary 15" planer or my 4.5hp Laguna band saw while the dryer is
running. I did not intend to run both at the same time but my wife
entered into the equation one day and inadvertently proved that both will
run on the same circuit.

Knock, knock, knock... "THIS IS THE OUTLET POLICE, OPEN UP." ;-)

Yeah I know, but I "think" a home owner can do what he wants, although he
will probably have to make it right if he plans on selling the house. If I
move I simply plan to remove the extra outlet.