Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeWhy MikeWhy is offline

Default Power for the shop

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
That's not quite how it works. Where there are laws governing such
things, the buyer will have the house inspected to be sure it meets code.
It might escape notice; it might not. Or, in the event of a claim, the
insurance company might find that the non-compliant condition was
causative.

What buyer? Do you have people inspecting your house all the time in case
they want to buy? Seems to me, if you are going to sell you'd probably
start dismantling the shop anyway and can remove wiring easily.

You don't say. We talk about honesty here, and pride ourselves in the little
things, some of them largely inconsequential. Is it a good law, to require a
building permit, licensed electricians, and followup inspection? Who gets to
decide? Everyone for themselves?

As for the insurance claim, something has to go wrong first. Then it has
to be related.

Were we talking about keeping the bushes trimmed, or were we talking about
the electrical work in the home?