Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Who has the oldest, but working, machine?

Ted Frater wrote:

Greg O wrote:
I feel sorry for you guys that have to use those old tools! Too bad you
can not afford some new stuff!! ;-)
My oldest tool is is my Delta table saw, a 2000 model IIRC!
Greg

Thanks for feeling sorry for us "old tool users"
there no need.
You see, if like myself you choose to work in a Victorian way ie circa
1850 to 1900 then one needs all ones workshop to be in keeping.
For example I was lucky!! to aquire in 1987 a complete drop stampers
workshop dating from 1851.
that was,
All the tools equipment fly presses dropstamping dies clipping tools
catalogues and price lists.
All the modern tools had gone but there wasnt any need for them.
I made the drop stamp fully transportable, so that I could take it to
for example the Great Dorset Steam fair, and mint a commemorative plaque
FOR the event AT the event.
No one had ever dione this before so it was one of the main attractions.
this event attracts an international following with some 250,000
people over the 5 days.
It was a resounding success, a licence to print money.
So dont feel sorry for us old timers, we not as stupid as we might seem.
Regards

That would have been interesting to see. Do you have a website with your machines and
handywork on display?

Wes

--

When in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout.