Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Power for the shop

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
That's not quite how it works. Where there are laws governing such things,
the buyer will have the house inspected to be sure it meets code. It might
escape notice; it might not. Or, in the event of a claim, the insurance
company might find that the non-compliant condition was causative.

What buyer? Do you have people inspecting your house all the time in case
they want to buy? Seems to me, if you are going to sell you'd probably
start dismantling the shop anyway and can remove wiring easily.

As for the insurance claim, something has to go wrong first. Then it has to
be related.

Any wiring I do in my house is a vast improvement on the original, which
in some cases, leads me to believe a previous owner was trying to invoke
an insurance claim or get rid of a divorced spouse.

My work will meet or exceed code, in any case,
especially some of the goofy stuff they require in TN.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--