Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeWhy MikeWhy is offline

Default Power for the shop

"Nova" wrote in message
Leon wrote:

Ok or not according to code, I did. I tapped into the dryer circuit at
the outlet and added a 220 outlet about 18" over. I can run my cabinet
saw, stationary 15" planer or my 4.5hp Laguna band saw while the dryer is
running. I did not intend to run both at the same time but my wife
entered into the equation one day and inadvertently proved that both will
run on the same circuit.

Knock, knock, knock... "THIS IS THE OUTLET POLICE, OPEN UP." ;-)

That's not quite how it works. Where there are laws governing such things,
the buyer will have the house inspected to be sure it meets code. It might
escape notice; it might not. Or, in the event of a claim, the insurance
company might find that the non-compliant condition was causative. You have
to ask yourself if it's a good law. If it is, you should consider the wisdom
of circumventing it for whatever your reasons. If it isn't, you should work
toward having it revoked or revised so it becomes reasonable.