Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Hot and flaming.

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 02:22:53 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

FatBytestard wrote:

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 00:13:41 +0000, richard
wrote:

FatBytestard wrote:
On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 02:05:09 +0000, Eeyore
wrote:

Article on this famous UL test, now probably irrelevant due to
harmonisation with IEC.

Damn, too big again ( 1.26 MB )

Graham

Harmonization is correct, and is so for the greater part of those that
use Usenet. Your Olde English is just that... old. Outdated. Your
country should seriously consider catching up with the rest of the world,
instead of being bullheaded for the last 200 years since you got your
asses kicked out of our business.

That's rich from the country that still uses BTUs and all sorts of other ludicrous units.

For air conditioning, yes. Why say the unit is ludicrous? It is a
BRITISH invention.

I think you might have it ass backwards. I am from the USA. We use all
different units. Don't let your bias bend your brain. Ooops... too late.

So why are you using obsolete British units ?

---
For convenience, as bad as they may be, since that's we inherited.

We have entire industries using obsolete British units but, since
everyone knows that one BTU (British Thermal Unit) is defined as the
amount of heat required to raise the temperature of one pound of liquid
water by one degree from 60° to 61° Fahrenheit at a constant pressure of
one atmosphere, I don't see why that would present a problem to you
since converting to SI should be straightforward enough to cause you
little grief.

Interestingly, I see that you Brits, (your government, actually)
although claiming to, haven't quite embraced the concept of being part
of the "United States of Europe" and, consequently, haven't embraced the
"Euro" as your standard of currency, so you're not quite decimal yet.

Why are you holding out?

JF