Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair

Default conical tip on soldering iron

msg wrote:

N_Cook wrote:

snip
I rarely need to use very fine solder, and when I do, I flatten some 1 mm
solder in a "set of rolls" and then slice the flattened solder with a razor
blade for an odd inch or so of 1/3mm or so solder.

What is a "set of rolls" (denizen of the U.S. FWIW)? I need to find a sort
of small mangle (compressed hardened rollers) to "de-husk" raw oats a little
at a time. Any ideas?

You can find nice steel rollers, bearings and brackets in old office
copiers. They are usually gear driven, along with all the rubber rollers
in the paper path. the AC motor used to feed the paper should be heavy
enough for your oats, and the tension is adjustable by backing off the
tension on the pair of springs.

Some are small diameter, but the larger, higher speed copiers tend to
be larger. I have a couple old copiers to scrap, to build a wire
stripper for scrap copper electrical wire. A guard with different size
holes will be put over the feed side, and the wire with the crushed
insulation will come out the other side. Another shaft will have a pair
of hooked pins to wrap the scrap insulation around, to separate it in
one pass. When the hooks are full, you slip a big knife between them and
cut it (over the trash can).

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.