Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John Gbur John Gbur is offline

Default Rough Turning Spindle Blanks

Does anyone rough turn their spindle blanks. I am asking mainly for the
turning stock I cut myself that starts as green wood. I was thinking of
rough turning some of the partially dryed stock. I was thinking that would
save time when I go to do a project and allow it to dry faster as well. I
was concerned it might move or crack more.

I normally seal my spindle stock with gulf wax (Parrafin). I was thinking
it would rough turn it and then reseal the ends and then store it until its
ready for use.

Let me know if any others are doing this and how the results are. I do
plenty of bowls twice turned but haven't done that with green spindle stock
yet.

Thanks, John Gbur