Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default how to make dishwasher rack slide smoothly?

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
someday... 2) the upper rack has a lot of friction in its slides, such
that when you're pushing it back in it will suddenly come to a halt about
1/2 way in, causing all your glasses to fall over etc.

What can I use to possibly lubricate these glides so that this won't
happen? I thought maybe silicone might not get washed off, but spray
silicone really didn't do anything noticeable at all.

Or... should I just buy a new dishwasher? Who makes a GOOD one? One that
won't make me cuss at it for being such a flimsy, noisy, obviously cheaply
built POS?

thanks

nate

If the rack stops suddenly, I'd think a misalignment is more of a cause than
lack of lube. Maybe some worn plastic guides. Given the caustic nature of
the DW detergent, I doubt any lube would hold up.

I've had nothing but Kitchen Aid for the last 35 years in two different
houses. We had a Hotpoint when we moved in here, but got rid of it after
about a year. Last one we bought a couple of years ago. Bosch does a good
job, but the dealer no longer shows them because of too many service call.
Whirlpool is my second choice. Maytag has three rack, but I've heard they
are not a totally practical configuration. Meantime, the KA gives us
perfectly clean dishes every time. Glasses just sparkle when they come out,
especially my Kolsch beer glasses.