Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default How to tram a Sieg X2 mini mill. Thanks in advance!

Michael Koblic wrote:
There is a long thread of a few months back specifically discussing
front-to-back tramming; my impression is that it is difficult and not
always successful. If you do a search on the group it might pop up.
Mine tilts back about 0.008" in 3". I have done nothing about it for
fear that I will make things worse.

Michael , I have been following your progress as a machinist on this and
other groups ... If your mill is tilted back .008 in three inches , you
nreed to space the BACK side of the column in proportiion to the indicated
error . IE , if the BOLT spacing is also 3" , the ratio is 1:1 ... and if
the bolt spacing is 6" , double the thicknes of shims ...
--
Snag
any errores in my reply may be blamed on excessive