Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone used Vistec Ltd - self-clean window coating?

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 02:06:29 +0000, Steve Firth wrote:

The chemical bond between the silane and glass is the reason that the
glass needs to be chemically clean before applying the rain-X.

Which is what made me think this Vistec coating may well be very similar,
the description certainly is. A kit of RainX cleaner and solution is
probably a lot cheaper than this coated glass. You will need some elbow
grease and time though.

I was always suspicious of the claims for RainX until they had the kit in
CostCo for about £8. What the hell I thought I hate smeary windscreens so
bought it and applied. Very impressed, it does wear where the wipers wipe
in a couple of years but the second clean/application is easier than the
first.

--
Cheers
Dave.