Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Repair of reading glasses

In message , Bill
writes
In message , Rick
writes
Have you got a pic, i'm struggling to see exactly what has broken, is
it the hinge part which has broken off the arms? If the hinges on the
frame front are OK then it may be possible to get a couple of arms.

This address might work, but I can't get a very clear picture

http://picasaweb.google.com/billaboa...73241389106674

The photo shows the arm temporarily attached to the frame with some
tacky foam tape.
The arm part of the hinge is totally worn away and covered in glue. The
frame part has glue inside the two slots in the hinge, although the
screws can be unscrewed on both sides. The metal inserts that hold the
hinges into the frames seem to be glued as well as screwed.

This evening I have established that they were purchased in 1973 and
are only used in church. They have not folded for many years.

Then just stick a blob of JB weld on the join

--
geoff