Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Repair of reading glasses

In message , Adrian C
writes
For the OP, Time will heal. Do a patch up job for now, and later down
the line maybe help her get a new set done.

Yes, that's the plan. The epoxy bodge is now setting - it takes 48 hours
to reach full strength, so they should be 'ready' for Sunday.

It may reveal my age to say that this is the third close bereavement in
the last 4 months. Things haven't been helped because so many people
keep quoting what the Liverpool coroner is supposed to have said.
Something like "Time doesn't heal, things just become easier to live
with". I'm not quite sure how saying that to people is supposed to help,
but maybe I'm more in tune with machines than people.

Thanks to everyone who joined in. I didn't use the angle grinder, but I
did use the £9.99 in the sale Aldi 160W CombiTool to prepare the metal
surfaces. Great value even though it took me ages to find the
non-intuitive on-off switch.
--
Bill