Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Catalogs - pet peeve

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 14:17:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 13:42:06 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Oppie wrote:

A salesman dropped by the office today and left some catalogs for me. Once
again, I marvel at the cost and effort that goes into producing and
distributing these - but wonder why most catalogs do not give any
publication date. Ok, so I used to work on military projects where any new
doc release came with a cover sheet that spelled out revision changes and
what document it superseded. Having gotten used to that, getting undated
documentation and not knowing what (obsolete) catalogs in the engineering
library to replace sorta ticks me off.

I'm actually a bit surprised that many vendors continue to make full line
catalogs. With access to online catalogs, at most, a short form catalog
should be all that is necessary. Online selection guides vary in
effectiveness and often bog down over a misinterpretation of terminology.

// end of rant //

That was why I bought a 'RECIEVED' stamp back in the '70s and wrote
the date in the space.

I do hope it was spelled correctly ;-)

Does it really matter?

One idiot at another business wrote 'NEWEST' on the cover of
everything that came in the door. He reminds me of 'Dimbulb'.

Bwahahahahahaha! Or Slowman ;-)

Sloman would use the catalogs for toilet paper. You know what
cheapskates those welfare queens are.

Aha! So that's where the term "pansy-assed" comes from ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

How severe can senility be? Just check out Slowman.