Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacement Windows?

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 03:30:59 GMT, aemeijers wrote:

Whatever . . wrote:
We had our 11 windows (original aluminum, single-pane glass) replaced with
double-hung vinyl windows by WorldofWindowsandSiding.com - they had the most
competitive price, a lifetime, transferrable warranty, and they gave us a
list of references. They measured, collected 1\2 the cost, and when their
guys came out to replace the windows, their work was done well and the
windows looked great - inside and out. The did a great cleanup job, too.

My expectations were exceeded.

wrote in message
news
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 07:47:08 -0400, (Shirley
ann) wrote:

Has anyone had theirs done recently???

What brand did you decide on??

Our house is 16 years old which has Rivco windows. They are now out of
business.
We have 6 windows that is foggy, steamy on the outside, 1 looks like it
has water running down it. A few look like there is fungus on the inside
of the window and they are hard to open and lock in the last year.

shirleyann
Eurovinyl or Rehau

Single-pane aluminum is about the only thing I would consider vinyl an
upgrade from....

Vinyl is an upgrade from MOST window technologies, in one way or
another. IF you buy GOOD vinyl. It does not warp, rot, split or peel.
It does not rust and is impervious to termite damage. It does not
conduct heat, and never needs to be painted.

That beats wood, aluminum, and steel. What other materials are out
there?
Sure beats sashless.

If you go the "walmart" route and buy the cheapest crap you can get
your hands on, made of unknown recycled vinyl instead of virgin
material just to save a buck, then you are correct.