Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
tim tim is offline

Default Source for 55 gallon plastic drum ?

"James" no wrote in
:

I would like to own a 55 gallon drum , preferably made of
plastic. I want this to be able to haul K-1 kerosene fuel for
my oil heaters. I suppose I could use a metal drum but prefer
the plastic as it would be so much lighter.

I have looked at Northern Industrial Tools and at Harbour
Freight, but I find nothing like this.

Any ideas of a source for this ?

Thanks

James

Did a google on 55 gal plastic drum. This is first on e that looked
interesting:
http://www.bayteccontainers.com/

Are you having the kerosene delivered or going to get it. Remember,
once the drum is full of kerosene, there won't be much difference in
weight between a metal drum and a plastic one. You might want to
google for some of the kerosene heater sites. They have some
interesting info about storage and transport as well.