Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Steve is offline

Default cavity wall insulation - Eaga Insulation

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 14:57:14 -0000, Richard Morley wrote:

I am unclear nevertheless whether there is any grant subsidy involved.

I wondered whether the group had any observations/ experiences on this
particlar company company/ points to watch / what sort of quote I can
expect. ?

Never heard of them, but then again I had never heard of milfold before
they did mine, and they turned out to be a huge in that field. I just
checked a little further and it appears that eaga bought milfold, so I
guess they must be quite big!

Did you arrange through your energy company? They all are subsidised, and
I would expect about £150-£200 for that house, but it varies by area. You
can always get other quotes if you don't like them.

They try and bump up the cost charging for sleeves for any external vents,
and will always insist on drilling core vents anywhere theres a fire.

Steve