Posted to alt.home.repair
allanc allanc is offline

Default Stuck Fuse - How to Remove

I have to apologize.
I assumed that all stove fuses were the same (with the copper? metal
inside a glass top and a bronze coloured base that screws into a
receptacle).

wrote:
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 05:55:25 -0700 (PDT), allanc
wrote:

Some of the fuses in our Frigidaire Elite stove are stuck and I cannot
remove them.
I cannot turn them past a certain point.
They are mounted vertically.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Not sure what kind of fuses you're dealing with, but if they're common
plug fuses, UNPLUG the stove, and spray some PB Blaster on them. Let
it soak awhile, and spray again. Then work them in and out. Spray
more times if needed.....

When you reinstall the fuses, out some silicone grease on the threads
(avaialble at auto parts stores for spark plug wires).

LM