Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Stuck Fuse - How to Remove

allanc wrote:
I am about to head out to the local hardware store.

At this point, I do not know what to purchase.

For what purpose?

Not knowing any more details, it's not possible to really provide any
more specific details on what the problem is.

_IF_ it's indeed a screw-in fuse and corroded and you're asking about a
lubricant, I'd go first w/ an electrical contact cleaner -- it's thin
enough to penetrate and will wet the surfaces and won't leave any
residue to clean up.

But, if it were that type and it started to turn, it seems unlikely to
me that it would then hang up if it once started.

It could, of course, be that what's turning is simply the top of the
fuse and the base hasn't budged like a light bulb where the seal between
the glass and the base fails. If that's the case, you may as well just
destructively remove the top and do the same sort of thing w/ the base
threads as a light bulb base to get it out in that kind of a case.

But, before recommending specifically that action I'd want to actually
see what it is we're working on/with 'cause at this point it's still
mostly mystery to us as we can't look over your shoulder from here.