Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Stuck Fuse - How to Remove

On Mar 10, 8:55*am, allanc wrote:
Some of the fuses in our Frigidaire Elite stove are stuck and I cannot
remove them.
I cannot turn them past a certain point.
They are mounted vertically.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Make sure the fuse is turning and not the fuse holder. We had an old
Hotpoint that did that. The fuse just went to the clock and an aux
outlet so it was no biggy but we did fix it. We destructed the fuse to
get it out. It was pretty well corroded in place, luckily old stoves
that used screw in fuses are also put together with screws and bolts
instead of welds and rivets and can usually be disassembled fairly
easily. Istill use it out in the garage for things my wife wont allow
me to do in the kitchen like baking on paint and cooking rutabagas.

Jimmie