Posted to alt.home.repair
Bryce Bryce is offline

Default "This Is An Important Message Regarding Your Credit Card/Auto Warranty/..."

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Frank" wrote in message

I was being bugged by some vacation group. They were sending me faxes so
I called their 800 number and the gal said they were in Cancun.
There was a time I'd collect junk faxes and when I got several, I'd
forward to FCC.

Oh, I hat it when they send me a fax and use my paper. I called then and
said I wanted to take the trip. After hearing some of the details, I told
them I was afraid to fly so could I take a bus.

I also received a fax to sell me toner and ink. The idiots gave an 800
fax
number to reply with the order. My computer fax can be set to show any
number and name I want so I sent them a fax. A long fax. and another
fax. and another fax.

I think paying for a WATS (800) number entitles you to a bill that includes
a list of phone numbers which have called in. Dunno whether that includes
over-riding a blocked number.