Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Compressor pump-up time (BobH)

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 20:55:44 -0500, Ignoramus877

A data point...

My compressor pumps my 80 gallon tank, plus the compressed air hoses
(150 ft plus dryer), from 0 PSI to 125 PSI, in exactly four minutes.

How do you pull that initial vacuum?

And why?

Gunner

"Human nature is bad. Good is a human product*
A warped piece of wood must be steamed and forced
before it is made straight; a metal blade must be put to the whetstone
before it becomes sharp. Since the nature of people is bad, to become corrected
they must be taught by teachers and to be orderly they must acquire ritual
and moral principles."
—Sun Tzu
*