Posted to rec.woodworking
Gregory Paolini Gregory Paolini is offline

Default Is Minwax Tung Oil 'Pure' Tung Oil?

If you want to minimize any coloring on the maple, I'd recommend using a
water clear finish, such as lacquer or Waterbased Poly, such as Minwax
Polycrylic.

As far as the "Tung oil finish - Your guess is as good as any as to what's
in it.

--
Gregory Paolini Design
www.GregoryPaolini.com

wrote in message
I'm finishing some birdseye maple and want to use tung oil to minimize
yellowing. Is all tung oil the same?
I see 'tung oil' and then 'pure tung oil' advertised. I'm worried
about other addatives causing some yellowing.