Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Update 1 -- Gas dryer broke, tumbles but does not dry.

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 07:09:42 -0600, the infamous "Pete C."
scrawled the following:

On 2009-03-09, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus32468 wrote:

Just a little update. I opened up the case. The ignitor is fine.

Did you ohm it out?

No, but I it looked great and it did glow.

It is very strange.

I took out the igniter, inspected it, found to look good and put
back. Saw it glow.

Put the front cover back on, turned the dryer on, and to my amazement
it started working! (with a few things missing on the dryer). It
produced heat and worked, which I made sure of with my wife holding
the front cover and going outside to check that the exhaust was hot.

Then I properly replaced all parts and covers, put back the screws
holding the ignoirot and burner assy, and reassembled the machine, and
it stopped working and I was back to square one.

I think that it is trying to tell me something. The answer is
somewhere very close.

Connectors, it's always connectors.

Except when the connectors are connecting to a bad switch. I've even
seen an apparently bad switch which turned out to be a short harness
that put too much strain on the connectors. Moving the harness fixed
it.

--
The wealth required by nature is limited and is easy to procure;
but the wealth required by vain ideals extends to infinity.