Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
axolotl axolotl is offline

Default Update 1 -- Gas dryer broke, tumbles but does not dry.

Ignoramus877 wrote:

I took out the igniter, inspected it, found to look good and put
back. Saw it glow.

Put the front cover back on, turned the dryer on, and to my amazement
it started working!

This points to the globar. The globar functions as both an igniter and
NTC resistor in series with the gas solenoid coils. One of the failure
modes I have experienced was the globar, while hot and glowing orange,
did not drop enough in resistance to allow enough current through the
solenoid coils. It is less likely that the solenoid coil itself could be
intermittent.

I have found any appliance schematic I looked for online and downloadable.

Kevin Gallimore