Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Update 1 -- Gas dryer broke, tumbles but does not dry.

On Mar 9, 7:09*am, Ignoramus877
On 2009-03-09, Wes wrote:

Ignoramus32468 wrote:

Just a little update. I opened up the case. The ignitor is fine.

Did you ohm it out?

No, but I it looked great and it did glow.

It is very strange.

I took out the igniter, inspected it, found to look good and put
back. Saw it glow.

Put the front cover back on, turned the dryer on, and to my amazement
it started working! (with a few things missing on the dryer). It
produced heat and worked, which I made sure of with my wife holding
the front cover and going outside to check that the exhaust was hot.

Then I properly replaced all parts and covers, put back the screws
holding the ignoirot and burner assy, and reassembled the machine, and
it stopped working and I was back to square one.

I think that it is trying to tell me something. The answer is
somewhere very close.

--
* *Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their inattention
* * * to spammers, I and many others block all articles originating

Take a look at this:
http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/appli...yer/gdryer.php

I had this problem in my dryer and it was a gas valve solenoid. I
pulled the old one and took it over to a parts dealer. When I walked
in, the guy saw it in my hand, went in the back and brought out a new
one without saying a word. Apparently, the replace a LOT of these.

p.