Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] pdhyde42@gmail.com is offline

Default Why do you participate (or lurk) in this group?

On Mar 5, 1:28*pm, charlieb wrote:
There are a fair number of regulars in this group, as many if not more
drop ins looking for answers to What, Where and How, and a whole
bunch of lurkers - who hopefully will become participants.

So how'd you get here, why, and what's missing?

Well like others this was my first port of call after abandoning a
lifetime of flat working and finally going round.
Running cringing from the other flat newsgroup this one seemed to be
more my style.
I also like the no pictures. Nothing pees me off more than the
constant "look what I've done" and "gee your good" format of other
forums and groups. Now posting pics and getting good constructive
criticism is another thing but unfortunately it's very rare.
I also tend to shy away from the good ol' boys club networks, you know
the ones where criticism is responded to with an unleashing of the
hounds.
I enjoy the pace and content of this group probably more than any
other and just wish the spammers could be blocked out more
effectively.
There is another forum in Canada that I frequent a lot more because of
personal contact through my local Guild and also they are all a bit
more down to earth and realistic than some on other forums and groups.
Yes this is a good place to be, very much a comfort zone in the
maelstrom of politicking and advertising that is now thought of as
wood turning.
Thanks to all.