Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair

Default Source for 55 gallon plastic drum ?

On Mar 7, 2:25*pm, Steve Barker wrote:
James wrote:
I would like to own a 55 gallon drum , preferably made of plastic. *I want
this to be able to haul *K-1 *kerosene fuel for my oil heaters. * I *suppose
I could use a metal drum but prefer the plastic as it would be so much
lighter.

I have looked at Northern Industrial Tools and at *Harbour Freight, but I
find nothing like this.

Any ideas of a source for this ?

Thanks

James

Check with your local lawn and landscape people. *Many of the products
used in that industry come in plastic 55's. *Like roundup and
fertilizers, and some pesticides. *If they're not totally anal retentive
(like the one i worked for) they may let you have one. *We used to cut
the tops of and use them for trash cans. *But the fert supervisor would
have a fit, 'cause "they're supposed to be disposed of properly". *We
would just tell him to **** of and go about what we were doing. *G

s- Hide quoted text -

Do not reuse any barrel that has had pesticide, hebricide or other
nasty chemicals.

Remains of the previous chemicals will leach into your kerosene and
poison you when you heat with it.

TMT